For recent blog posts please click http://theovertickingbrain.wordpress.com/

.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Your thoughts linger...

I sit still as a tornado passes through me..
Even the soft music in the background doesn’t set me free..
It has happened pretty much every day since that night
When you asked me that one question, if I’d read what you write..
How was I to know what it’ll do to me, how was I to know it’ll all lead to this..
That even in this pain, there’ll be a certain bliss..
This feeling I feel today, if you could just know..

I can see you in the rains, and the wind that caresses my face.
I can see you in the green grass, the flowers and the sun’s rays..
You look so perfect, so serene
Still untouched by the world, so pure, so clean..
Only if you could see you.. through my eyes..
You make me feel like a bird gliding through the skies..

I throw a stone in the lake and the ripples tease me
What causes such restlessness they enquire
How do I tell them, it’s you causing the chaos, the fire..
It’s you who’s giving me those goosebumps
It’s your name that sends the shivers down my spine..
And on the outside I must portray that everything’s fine..
It’s your eyes I want to keep looking into forever..
It’s your smile I want to see and not let it fade ever..

You’re the reason I can’t sleep at night..
You’re the one who’s one message makes my day bright..
You’re the one I dream off every single moment
Oh! I’m sure you’re the one, a hundred percent..
My day becomes better just thinking of you,
How I wish to God that all your dreams come true..

As soon as I think I have a moment’s peace
Your face pops in front of me like the refreshing morning breeze
I am intrigued every time I see the world through your eyes..
The things you show me, there’s no space for pretence or lies..
Your words are like a sweet symphony to my ears
Before I know it, loosing you is one of biggest fears..

Your thoughts linger on for just a moment longer..
And that’s when the feeling about us gets even stronger..

No comments:

Post a Comment