For recent blog posts please click http://theovertickingbrain.wordpress.com/

.

Monday, April 12, 2010

I don't know what to call this..

There was a time not very long ago, when you were my life…
You were all I could see; I thought maybe one day I’ll be your wife.
You filled my life with joys and took away my sorrows.
You promised me you’ll stand by my side, today and tomorrow..
I couldn’t believe I had found someone so wonderful and caring.
I just wish you had been a wee bit more daring.

People say nobody is perfect. Oh yes! You definitely were.
Sometimes it seems like it was yesterday, and sometimes – such a blur.
I dreamt of you in every little dream, I dreamt of us till the end of time.
I wonder why the society just didn’t understand - is being in love such a crime?
We had our own little secret world then; Oh! It was real bliss!
Before you, I never knew what love was; now I know exactly what it is,

That smile on your face and glint in your eyes - then; they were so real..
Today you look at me with a hollow expression, and I can’t believe there’s nothing you feel.
I hoped to spend every waking moment with you,
You were the last person I wanted to wish goodnight, and the first I wanted to say good morning to

Now I look at you and I am at a loss of words; I can’t recognize this person
Are you the same being, who once wanted to spend all seven lives with me, and not just one?
I search your eyes to look for my life, my heart, my soul..
But your vacant expression leaves me numb, chills me to the core..

I still can’t believe such a relationship has come to an end..
People are telling me, the road is long and this is just a bend.
I don’t know what to say to them, how to show them what we used to be,
Maybe then they’ll know the bond we shared – was nothing but pure divinity.

There was a time not very long ago, when you were my life…
And I remember that moment all too well, when you asked me to be your wife…

7 comments:

  1. :) Thanks Ram, for all the appreciation. And I know exactly what you mean :) God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have small quiz for you :)

    If someone come to you and says he wants to know "lot more of you", what would you say?
    1. I need time to think.
    2. I am still recoering from my past relationship. but there is no harm in knowing someone. so yes.
    3. Get lost. Dont ever bother asking me.
    4. YES. There is a saying "when one door closes another opens"

    ReplyDelete
  3. small correction, read the above situation as someone who is not a total stranger :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. if it is from someone who is NOT a total stranger then 2. But if not, then no.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have good spiriit. just keep it going and you will do well

    hold on a minute... am not a total stranger to you either... what do you thiink!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firstly, thank you for the compliment. All I want to be is a good human being in the end, the conquest is on..

    Secondly, I KNEW exactly what you were hinting at there :P ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you have a facebook id, go to www.facebook.com/rammkp. You KNOW what to do when you are in there :P

    ReplyDelete