For recent blog posts please click http://theovertickingbrain.wordpress.com/

.

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Great Indian Traffic Tamasha!

Okay, so you guessed it right! Here I am on a Friday morning, dreaming of a blissful work-free weekend ahead and then... comes the traffic.

So, it’s the usual rush hour jam faced by every Indian – but the only thing worth mentioning here is that the rush hour kind of goes on from 8.30am till midnight in this place called Gud-gawaan!

Hmm..I sit there, right in the middle of a sea of vehicles, at first waiting patiently, and then worried.

Yeah! As usual my fuel tank is about to hit the dreaded ‘E’ and lucky me! Today like most other days, all I have is a fifty rupee note on me! (Not THAT way, you pervert!) :P

Theek hai, back to the point, like in every bollywood movie, the story is pretty much the same, so is the traffic scene in India.
Jab bhi aap late ho rahe ho, garmi ho, basically, all the shaneez and mangals and grehs are against you…then a car RIGHT in front of you will break down. And Voila! That’s what happened! The only difference was that in movies its normally the beautiful heroine who’s car it is, but THIS car I’m talking about had an old, clueless-about-the-next-step uncle jee as its driver! Pity the car!

Anyway! An hour goes by looking at that FIRST car a kilometer ahead, hoping it’ll move just an inch! Yeah, that’s the height of ‘ray-of-hope’. When you’re stuck in a never-ending jam – to see that ONE car wayyyy ahead move just a wee bit!

Nope, it doesn’t! Hmph!

Then…Something hilariously strange happens. Or so I thought..

People in India anyway honk as if it were their birth right! I’ve always wondered – just because the damn thing is ‘muft-muft-muft’, doesn’t really mean that’s ALL we do! :/

I am STILL standing in the sea of vehicles, and then the honking starts! First one guy, then another, then another..and the ENTIRE vehicle population goes CRAZY! Everyone around me is honking like mad-hatters! And as I watch in disbelief the only explanation I can come up with, is that: probably, it’s another “Bhartiya-Bonding” strategy. Maybe these people feel ‘One’ when they honk like this!

Maybe it’s a mass-all-India-honk-day which I don’t know about! :S

So, it’s like a mass-wave thing we’d do in a cricket stadium! But only, there’s no cricket and there’s no stadium! Just a stupid loooong line of cars and more cars ahead of me!
And then again, MJ playing in my car is drowned by the chorus that erupts! Maybe they’re thinking this ‘mass’ honking thing might just wake up the traffic guys! Now I’m getting irritated! I wish this “It’s-my car-horn-I’ll-do-what-I-want-with-it” got us somewhere.

Ironically, what’s playing or rather TRYING to play in my car, under the outside chorus is ‘This is it!’

Really? I think! :/

It’s been an hour and a half now! And it’s the fourth, no I’m sorry – it’s the fifth honk-all-you-can marathon under way! Maybe Archies ran out of their random brother-in-law and father-in-law days, so came up with a honk-day? Hmm..I’m sure they still haven’t covered all 365 days of the year! I mean, come on! How can there be a day left in the year that’s NOT actually a day? :O You know what I mean? I think Honk day is perfect.

And now… :/ it’s Taylor Swift being drowned in the sea of stagnancy…!...hmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment