For recent blog posts please click http://theovertickingbrain.wordpress.com/

.

Friday, July 23, 2010

A Kodak Moment Day! Yes, the entire day! :)

Yeah, so you know me! On days like these toh I have to write only na. A few friends are totally expecting this. I mean, they asked me, "So, isn't Bugs going to write anything today?". Hmm. Yes I told them. But today, I think I'll do the writing myself :) Come on yaar! :) Today was my day na ;) Okay, so, frankly, over the past two weeks I was pretty disappointed at the way things were panning out for my birthday. Almost all of my friends had some or the other unavoidable plans. And yes, this time, I know I wasn't in for any surprises. Come 21st night, and ONE out of a mere 12 invitees actually came. Not that I am complaining! :P Even though the fool just slept off and only woke up after smelling the cake ;) But, I love her to death for making the effort :) Thank you Vani :D

But it was actually the 8.23am today morning when the real fun began. I always knew that this one girl would do ANYTHING for me. But its always overwhelming to see the belief become stronger. Today was doubly special for this one reason. And I know I can't say or do enough for her, and I can NEVER find words befitting enough for her, but what she did for me today, I don't think many people would! Coming from a 5am flight (which is her job by the way!) sleeping for not even 2 hours and rushing to make MY day special - insisting on baking a cake for me (in my kitchen ;)), taking a power nap till we organize the ingredients!, make the icing all alone while we go crazy singing idiotic bollywood songs, juggling between a jam packed photography session right in the middle of the kitchen and the heat - really ISN'T easy. 

And there's a lot more she did. But my basic point is, today like many days gone by, I stand reassured that this angel is one of MOST treasured gifts I have ever got! And I know this because even though we might not like a few things about each other, we breathe the same breath, we feel the same concern for each other and we would sacrifice ANYTHING for one smile on each other's faces. I don't know.. It took me ten minutes to write this one sentence! And that's only because it is just so bloody difficult to put in words what she means to me. And what she has done for me today. Rashi Joshi is a part of me that will never ever EVER fade. She is my life and I don't need to say that I will do absolutely ANYTHING to keep that smile on her face every single moment for ever and after that! 

Ipshita Kaul and Ekta Jain I don't know what would I have done without! They are pure gems! The way they say in those old classic hindi movies "Hira hai hira!". True that! For them! Today wouldn't have been as special without them! 

Uditi Agarwal has been in my life for just too long for me to say anything :) she is just awesome. And, I love her! (Duhh!) :* Hugs to you. For just being there. Period. 

And now, pretty much the grand finale, and the reason I am actually sitting up so late and writing this tonight, this one gorgeous girl, Ankita Kanwar, who rocked my heart 10 years ago! And has been doing so ever since! She is one person who has the ability to bring out the zillions of emotions present inside me, and she doesn't even know it yet. I know how she thinks, and I know that right this minute, she'd be thinking I've gone nuts and none of this is true. But she has had this problem for a long long time - underestimating herself! And she loves doing it! But, I'll tell you some truths about this idiot! She loves me, and just doesn't know how to say it. And you could ask me how can I be so sure, and I'll tell you that today, she called me, and I felt it in her voice. And I know I have gone wrong in relationships many-a-times, but this is one human being I was bang on about. She might say or do, or rather, not say and not do much, but the heart that beats inside her has a part of me. 

I remember a conversation we had almost 5 years ago, and I can't guarantee that she would recall it. But we were talking about sustaining relationships and she said, "Tanee, don't expect me to be there for ever." I never told her, but that night I was deeply hurt. Today, she sits more than a few hundred kilometers away from me and I know she was wrong. I know I can't see her everyday anymore, and can't hear her laughter so often, but I think i can feel that heart beating, and I think it misses me. Maybe even she doesn't know it yet, but she is going to be in my life even after I'm not. Yes its true. 

So tonight, I thank this lord above me, for making me who I am so that I could deserve such angels in my life. 

And, my eyes haven't been wetter in a long long time..


2 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH.............Awesome awesome stuff :)))) *Whistles* Always value these friends..I know you always have and always would you emo fool. Happy Birthday once again!
    Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you. Yes. I will always value them. They make me who I am. God Bless them all.

    ReplyDelete