For recent blog posts please click http://theovertickingbrain.wordpress.com/

.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I thought we were perfect..

There was a time when I didn’t know what love was..
Then you came along..

I don’t know how it happened, it just did..
All of it started to come true, what I’d dreamt of as a kid..
Your beautiful eyes showed the zing I had never witnessed before
Your smile made my day, your hug bettered everything,

You solved every problem, had a way out of every difficulty
You ensured there was no guilt, no blame, no self-pity
You made sure I ate well and was well rested,
I wish I’d known then, that I was just being tested..

I trusted you blindly, gave you the ropes of my life,
You handled them well, but only for a while..
I didn’t ask for too much, just you till the end of time
And you said to me, you’ll leave me ‘never ever..forever’..that was your constant chime

I truly believed you, now I think, I shouldn’t have
After all that happened, I think it was too much I gave..
I really thought you would have stuck to your word, to all that you’d said
I don’t know what they meant, all those promises you made..

It is sad to think, such a beautiful relationship fell flat
I just wish you had the guts you always lacked!
Now you’re gone, happy with someone else,
I don’t know what to say, I am still numb..
But mostly, I feel naked, wounded and dumb!

There are just so many memories; I don’t know what to do with them
Every turn I take, everywhere I go, I am reminded of you
What didn’t I do for you, I put so much at stake,
I fought with so many, but, you just let my heart break..

Now, what is left is only hurt and scars..
I have begun to believe that love is a farce..
How wrong I was, now I reflect..
Because, for a time I actually thought we were perfect..

1 comment:

  1. Wow. this is my second visit to your page and I wonder why I didnt read this poem before.

    By the time I finished reading, it felt as if I should have written it myself. The only difference is that I got into it fully knowing that it wont last. But the so called heart kept telling me that there is hope.

    Anyways life goes on... with the hope that there is someone waiting... and am waiting for that special someone :)

    Ram

    ReplyDelete